Thursday, March 22, 2012

Who am I


Posting this as an entry for blog carnival for character diversity that GuildMag is holding. I first heard of it from the Under the Pale Tree blog (brilliant Guild Wars 2 blog btw) and decided to make my own post as well. This is the character I will playing in Guild Wars 2
My name is Rhymelark and I was awakened from the dream to the gentle light of dawn filtering through the leaves of the Pale Tree. Our mother gifted me, while I was in the dream, with images of ships with graceful sails navigating the currents of rivers. The images entice my imagination and I know I can not long stay here in the Grove for the river calls me. Quickly I will have to learn what ever I can in the Grove while I can still resist its siren call.

With a last glance at the Grove I will cast off and follow the river and explore its length and follow its hidden the tributaries to the wonders that they may hold. I will cast my lines in its flowing waters and at night feast on its bounty under the setting sun. Who knows what adventures it holds for me and what joyous memories I can add to the dream as thanks to our mother.

On the far horizon a storm is building and I may have to lay anchor and help defend the world from the threat that the dragons pose. When that time comes I shall not shy from the conflict but ride out its tides and resume my journey once they have been delt with.

My fellow sylvari describe me as wistful and slightly absentminded. They are incorrect in thinking so. I pay close attention to everything thing that happens around me. I just do not cast the same importance on things as they do. While they endlessly wish to discuss the Ventari tablet I would rather watch the world around me and learn from it. I sometimes even sympathize with the nightmare court in their view that we rely to much on the tablet. I have even been approached a few times by them to join them. That will never happen though. Their ways are vile and they are blight on our mother.

I am a peaceful person and would rather rely on words to solve conflict. When words fail though be careful that you are not caught in the rapids of my anger for it will wash you away in a wave of steel . Never mistake me for being a lone easy target for I am never alone. Swiftleaf, my constant companion and friend, is always with me. She like me was born from our mother and we mirror each other perfectly. Where my sword strikes from the front a fanged bite is sure to follow from behind.






[For those who have not guessed Swiftleaf is a Fern Mastiff (image below)]



No comments:

Post a Comment