Sunday, September 18, 2011

Thank You

I have a lot of people to be thankful to in my life. But one person has given me much to be thankful for.

To say I had very little interest in reading when I entered high school is putting it lightly. I was more interested in watching TV to be honest. Yet when I entered high school my English teacher decided to give us the choice of either reading or getting homework. We either had to read 4 books no matter how thick they are or read 400+ pages. To say I started half heatedly is putting it mildly. I remember my first few reading lists consisted of Tintin and Astrix graphic novels with a few choose your own adventure titles thrown in between.

After the first quarter of standard 6 I discovered the Belgariad series and my love for fantasy was born. I quickly started reading more than my target I should read each month. If I heard of a book that was not in the library I asked them to get it. (of course this normally took more than a month or so to come since I lived in a small town) I still read at least 3 books a month these days. I have my favourite authors, Trudi Canavan and Robin Hobb being my top two :)

Because of my love for reading and fantasy I started playing DnD and made some good friends and through them made even more.

And this all started through one simple homework assignment of reading.

So Thank You Mam for introducing me to the wonderful world of books. I am eternally grateful to you for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment