Monday, January 17, 2011

I'm holding out for a hero till the end of the night

he's gotta be strong and he's gotta be fast and gotta be fresh from the fight... *cough*

Right, now that I have gotten that out of my system... End of last week I procured a copy of DC Universe Online (Damn you steam and the ease of purchase you make games) and after a lengthy download and then update I finally got to try the game. My over all impression is that I love the game so far. I get to fight along side iconic superheroes like superman and it feels like what I do actually matters.


(Dark Ember my heroine in the game)

Firstly those who are looking for a massive dose of customization you won't find it at the start of the game. You have a choice of 3 body types for each gender. the starting costume pieces you can choose from is also a bit limited. This does not mean you can not create a unique character from the get go that looks awesome. As you play the game you collect new costume pieces with stats. You can add these pieces to your costume list. It is good to note at this point that you can have a different appearance to the armour you wear. You can change your appearance as well as colour scheme at any time with out any in-game or out-game cost.



Playing the game it self feels like you are playing an action game rather than an MMO which is pretty awesome imho. You really feel much more involved while fighting than most MMOs I have played. I have been playing the game with my 360 controller which works excellently with the game. You can also play the game with keyboard and mouse but I can't imagine playing it without my controller now.

Now for the bad. The chat box is very basic and league (aka guild) chat is very rarely working. We have been told by the developers that this is being worked on and will soon be improved (see interview on Massively.com)

I have also moved from the EU servers over to the US (game allows you to play on both server groups) mostly because I got tired of going into instances and not understanding a word people are saying cause they refuse or can't speak English.

No comments:

Post a Comment